In the spirit of 2 Timothy 1:7 and we seek to respond wisely as good neighbors to the coronavirus situation and the request of the Governor of Pennsylvania we have decided to shift our church experience for the next two weeks.
Friday, March 27th – Pastor Curt and Pam Seaburg
We miss each one of you and we are praying that the Lord keeps His hand of protection on your family. Even though we haven’t gathered together, your stories of how God is moving and using you in these unique times are inspiring.
Here’s one that inspired me. Pastor Josh, our Columbia Campus pastor, shared a great story of a virtual hangout he had with his small group. They experienced communion together and even sang the old hymn, “There is Power in the Blood!” Who would’ve ever thought we could share that kind of deep friendship and intimacy in Christ through … Google Hangouts!
Engagement through Church Online has been unprecedented. Last Sunday, I spoke about “How To Overcome Fear.” Click here if you missed it. 34 people took NEXT STEPS by responding with our Online Connect Card and Prayer Lines. And most importantly 8 people accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. Praise God!
We are planning Church Online through Palm Sunday and considering what this might even look like for Easter! We appreciate your prayers as new information is popping up daily which aids us in being flexible.
Virtual NEXT STEPS.
- Beginning next Sunday with stepONE, Growth Track will also be available online, Now is your opportunity to take your NEXT STEP with Growth Track. Sign up here.
- Small Groups, including Victory Students, continue to meet virtually.
- Engage with our Victory Kids Facebook page and Victory Kids Online to receive resources each day.
- We can serve our communities through Local Outreach and Serve From Home projects that can be found on our website under Outreach.
- Follow us on our Instagram and Facebook platforms at VictoryChurchPA to stay up to date.
Also, continue to pray for those who are being impacted by this virus. This planet is in crisis. We need a revival of hearts turned back to Jesus. People are sick, many have lost their jobs, and our leaders are in need of Godly wisdom. There is power in prayer. If you haven’t done it yet, I encourage you to go to UNITE714.com and sign up to be part of the global prayer movement happening every morning and evening at 7:14. I have included week one prayers from that site.
Be encouraged, because you are a part of each of these stories. Continue to share the light of Jesus to your neighbors, to your communities, on your social platforms We are the Church!
We love you and we are praying for you daily!
PC and Pam
Thursday, March 19th – Pastor Curt and Pam Seaburg
Hey Tribe Family!
We want to share a few updates with you. But first, Pam and I want you to know that we are praying for you. John 16:33 “And everything I’ve taught you is so that the peace which is in Me will be in you and will give you great confidence as you rest in Me. For in this unbelieving world you will experience trouble and sorrows, but you must be courageous, for I have conquered the world!” God can be trusted!
Thank you for your continued and generous giving to the Lord through the church. Many of you are giving online for the VERY FIRST TIME and we deeply appreciate you placing your trust in the Lord. Your generosity enables the church to continue to mobilize and help people take NEXT STEPS toward Jesus. We LITERALLY could not do this without you.
Here’s where we are as of today….
- We will continue having Church Online for the remainder of March at our normal service times on Sunday at 9 and 10:45 am and Monday night at 6:30pm. These are fast changing times so we will evaluate this and communicate any changes as we have them. Join us Here
- Our small groups continue to be a great source of support. We encourage you to follow the CDC guidelines and not gather in groups more than 10. This is so important and I can not say it enough, that in this season of social distancing that you do not go into social isolation! We have our Small Group Leaders Resource page for tips on how you can have VIRTUAL SMALL GROUPS and continue to do life together! Now more than ever, our small group structure is so important to the life of our Church.
Outreach and Mission:
- Our VC Outreach team has done an amazing job at compiling resources to SERVE our community through this time. They even have a list of things you can be doing from home! Keep checking the Outreach page on our website for up to date opportunities. Click Here to Check It Out
Kids & Students:
- We love our kids! And our Victory Kids team has been working hard this week to provide you with an Online Kids Service and we are excited for you to see it! Make sure you go to the Victory Kids page on our website this Sunday! Click Here to go to the Victory Kids page. You may also be looking for some resources to keep your kids busy during the week. You can go to our Victory Kids Facebook page every day for a new activity for all ages!
- Today our Student Directors were pumped to launch our first VSM YouTube Channel click here. They are creatively connecting with students through Online Small Groups, Facebook, Instagram and having just plain ole fun!
- Finally, we want to invite you to join us on Facebook Friday at 7 pm for our first-ever online-only Worship Night! This will be another opportunity for us to connect as a community, gathering together online, and praising our awesome God!
We Love you guys and we Love being your Pastors!
PC and Pam
Tuesday, March 18th – Pastor Paul Peterson
Hey VC Tribe
What a crazy time we find ourselves in.
Here’s the GOOD NEWS.
God is on the throne and our lives are held in HIS hands.
This world is pushing fear, but we, as the body of Christ, must encourage faith and the great hope that is found in the Gospel. Victory continues to share the Gospel message because of the tithes that you bring and the offerings that you faithfully give.
THANK YOU for continuing to be a generous tribe!
2 Thoughts About Generosity
1: Remember that the tithe doesn’t belong to us. It belongs to the Lord and he asks us to trust Him as we faithfully return it to Him. (Malachi 3:10)
2: We don’t give to get. We get to give. It’s a question of the heart.
4 Ways To Give
- The Mail: 1827 Freedom Rr, Suite 103 Lancaster Pa 17601
- Onsite: All campus offices are currently closed with the exception of the Greenfield campus. Monday-Thursday (9 am-4 pm) Greenfield is open if you want to drop off gifts there.
- Your own Online Banking through your bank.
- The website: Go to victorychurch.org, and click the GIVE TAB in the top right corner. It’s a simple and secure way to give, that can set up as a one-time or a recurring gift.
Psalm 89:8 says “Who is like you, LORD GOD ALMIGHTY? You, LORD, are mighty, and your faithfulness surrounds you.”
This current state of our world may feel out of control, but God remains faithful.
It’s just who He is. Though our campus doors may be closed, the window of opportunity is wide open to share the Gospel with the world.
Thank you for continuing to be a generous tribe!
Pastor Paul Peterson
Executive Pastor of Operations
Monday, March 17th – Pastor Curt Seaburg
Hey Tribe Family,
Yesterday, during Church Online, our worship team led us in a powerful time of worship, proclaiming that our God is still in control! We launched our new series, “Life Hacks” and I shared a message which you can watch online here called, “How to Know God’s Will?” Conservatively, over 6000 people watched online! I appreciated the engagement and felt the love from all the “hearts” and “thumbs up.”
Many watched at home with family so the number could easily be more. By the way, that’s a 125% increase from regular attendance online and in person. At the end, I extended an opportunity for people to put their faith in Christ, and people responded!! That is amazing!
We continue to be here for you as your church. In listening to the news coming out of our state government and the presidential address this afternoon, we are meeting with our teams and looking at how we need to adjust our plans moving forward. We will keep you up to date as the week progresses. Stay tuned for fresh content at victorychurch.org and more opportunities for engagement.
I need your help to provide online opportunities for people to take NEXT STEPS. Please go to victorychurch.org/give to invest in our spiritual future.
Pastor Curt & Pam
Sunday, March 15th Update – Pastor Curt Seaburg
Here are the latest updates as of Sunday, March 15th. This morning we streamed our live Online Services at 9 and 10:45 am and saw over 6,000 people engage. If you were not able to join us you can still watch on-demand at victorychurch.org.
Our staff has been working diligently to resource our tribe and keep you informed.
- The Kids Directors created resources for your children sent out via email this weekend. If you DID NOT receive these resources, they will be available on our website for you to access. Access them here!
- Small groups can continue to meet at their own discretion as we continue to follow the guideline recommended by the CDC. Also, our Community Life Dept. will be sharing resources this week with ideas on how to meet in small groups during this time.
- All Victory Student Ministry events are canceled, this includes all High School small groups.
In order to stay in compliance with the Governor, we will have Online Services ONLY next Sunday, March 22nd as well. While we are meeting via church online we encourage you to return your tithe and give your offerings securely on our website, 50% of our tribe use this method on a regular basis. Click Here to Give! The church office will also remain open with normal business hours.
Join us in continuing to pray for our community leaders, Governor Tom Wolf and his team, and President Trump and his team. We encourage you to stay connected with us at victorychurch.org for updates and more engagement opportunities as we follow this constantly evolving situation.
PC & Pam
Thursday, March 12 Update – Pastor Curt Seaburg
Dear Amazing Tribe family,
For 2000 years, the church has been a beacon of hope in a dark world. We are called to serve the community always, but especially in times of crisis. We don’t know the extent of the effects the coronavirus (COVID-19) will have on us here in central PA, but we do know that God calls upon us to be carriers of hope and peace. For some, this virus brings heightened anxiety. The reality is people are skeptical, unsure, worried and afraid. With every fear, there is a faith answer. This is an opportunity to show the attitude of Christ to those around us.
Take a moment, read this verse and think and pray over it.
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
As we have been watching the news, I think we can all agree that these are unprecedented circumstances. Today, Governor Wolf suggested in efforts to slow the spread of the Coronavirus, that large gatherings be postponed or canceled. The safety and health of everyone, especially those who are vulnerable, is of the utmost importance to us. So, we have made a very difficult decision, not operating out of fear, but instead, we are praying and trusting in the Lord and operating out of caution and love for our communities.
We will have ONLINE ONLY services this Sunday, March 15th and next Sunday, March 22nd.
Service times will remain the same at 9 & 10:45AM. Our hope is to be able to gather together on our church campuses as soon as possible, but in the meantime, we believe we can continue to learn and grow together as a church by worshipping together in our homes with friends and family.
This change only affects our weekend services. At this time, office hours will remain open, and small groups and student ministries will continue as scheduled. We will monitor this ongoing situation and keep you aware of any changes.
How Can We Help?
PRAY = Pray for those impacted by the virus as well as their families and loved ones.
GIVE = Continue to faithfully give of your tithes and offerings, online. This is a secure method of giving and about half of our giving each week is done online. Follow this link to give.
INVITE = Invite your friends! If you’ll be watching the live stream on Facebook, we encourage you to share it on your feed. If you’ll be watching on our website, consider inviting someone to join you by sending them the link. This is an opportunity for us to be Jesus to our community.
To watch the livestream on our website, click here.
To watch on Facebook, click here.
Even though our world has changed, the power of God has not changed. The truth of scripture has not changed. The hope of Jesus has not changed. Our mission as a church has not changed. Let us not give into fear. Rather, let’s fix our eyes on Jesus, the author, and perfecter of our faith.We love you guys. See you online this Sunday.
PC & Pam